Sunday, April 15, 2018

What will they think?


I sometimes wonder, when some alien archaeologist comes upon the ruins of our species, what will they decide was the deadly mistake we made as a civilization?

Nuclear War? AI? Asteroid? Disease?  Global Warming?

Nope, I think I've figured it out.  An ad for the following just appeared in my browser, and suddenly, it's all clear to me:



I think I even know who Satan is, and how he won his final battle with God.



Knowing that the end is near, clearly I need to go out and max out my credit cards in a final act of debauchery.






OK, I trust that by now you know I'm joking.  Instead of debauchery, I would max out my credit cards on a bitcoin mining rig.  ☺



OK, OK.  While it looks crazy at first, the SALT (https://saltlending.com/) business model is only mildly insane.  I think the reference to blockchain is mostly name dropping.  Their business model seems to be simply providing cash loans using bitcoin, etherium, and perhaps other "crypto-currency", as collateral.




Still, you have to admit, we live in interesting times...





No comments:

Post a Comment